If you would like to register for a class, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE the beginning of the school term with the following info:
- Student Details – Name, Age, Mailing Address, Contact Phone, Contact Email
- Parent / Caregiver Details – Name, Relationship, Contact Phone, Contact Email
- Medical Issues or other concerns that we should know about
- Level of ability / prior dance experience
- Preferred class day (please note that some ages/levels don’t have a choice of days, but we will work with this request if we can)
- Student name
- Current crew
- Any requested changes to classes (we will discuss this with you, please wait to get a response before paying)
- Any changes to contact details or other information since last term
New students start in a beginner level class for their age-group unless they have been assessed by one of our management staff. Please contact us well in advance of the new term starting so we can work with you to find the right fit if you are an experienced dancer.
Students who wish to take more than one class should discuss this with us before registering to ensure that all factors have been properly considered first and that it is an appropriate path for the student.
All advanced and semi-advanced crews are determined by audition at the beginning of each year and any changes are determined by the teaching and management staff by assessment. Students at this level are assigned to crews rather than choosing one themselves.
All students selected for advanced and semi-advanced crews must attend the NOIZ Academy sessions in addition to their crew class unless specifically agreed by the Studio Manager. NOIZ Academy develops a broad range of skills that invest in both their dance ability and their well-being and personal growth. The intention is to build well-rounded, resilient dancers who develop an excellent sense of self and of community/whanau. This not only creates a strong dance crew, but gives them great skills for navigating life in general.
If you have a standard registration request, simply send us your email and pay the fees (online, or pop into the office at Northcity church during business hours). When this is done your registration will be confirmed and you are all good to just turn up a few minutes early for the class you have registered for.
If you have a special request, or need info from us, please get in touch well in advance of the term beginning. As Zion Studios operates with part-time and volunteer staff, it is likely that you won’t get an immediate response to your email, but we will endeavour to get information to you as soon as possible. Please check your junk email in case our response is filtered by your email server.